Friday, September 2, 2016

Kaepernick - My son died for you - Apologize


Open letter to Colin Kaepernick from the mom of a Navy SEAL killed in action

Colin Kaepernick - my son died for you
Colin Kaepernick while you chose to sit in protest, my son chose to stand and serve this country and sacrifice his life for America, the country he so loved. He, and every other Veteran who has served, paid the price for the freedoms you and every American enjoy each and every day.

Marc Alan Lee was the first Navy SEAL to die in Iraq Aug 2, 2006 and the red stripe in our flag, the flag you chose to disrespect, represents his blood and every other Veteran who died defending this country that they cherished. Marc’s blood no longer pumps through his heart, nor will his blood be passed on to another generation.

He had pride in his country, not a perfect country, but his country. His last letter home was written with much wisdom and reflection and he addresses many of the concerns you have, he even mentions you.

“I have seen amazing things happen here however I have seen the sad part of war too. I have seen the morals of a man who cares nothing of human life…I have seen hate towards a nation’s people who has never committed a wrong, except being born of a third world, ill-educated and ignorant to western civilization.

It is not everybody who feels this way only a select few but it brings questions to mind. Is it okay for one to consider themselves superior to another race? Surprisingly we are not a stranger to this sort of attitude. Meaning that in our own country we discriminate against someone for what nationality they are, their education level, their social status.

We distinguish our role models as multimillion dollar sports heroes or talented actors and actress who complain about not getting millions of dollars more than they are currently getting paid………Our country is a great country, don’t get me wrong on this, otherwise none of us would be living there. My point of this is how can we come over here and help a less than fortunate country without holding contempt or hate towards them if we can’t do it in our country.”

When my son died I could have sat and had a pity party and felt sorry for myself. I could have sat and complained about the lack of support for our troops, and families of the fallen. Instead I chose to stand, and figuratively speaking put on Marc’s boots and pick up his weapon and stay in the fight for our troops and families of the fallen.

I was hurting and in the beginning stages of grief yet I saw a need and knew I could sit and complain or I could get up and make a difference. I started America’s Mighty Warriors to make a difference in response to Marc’s amazing last letter home. Through Marc’s letter and our foundation millions of lives have been changed and impacted.
Marc died for your freedom and your right to speak out. Stand up like a man and make a difference in the areas you want to change. Don’t sit and disrespect our flag that waves so proudly because of the great sacrifice of so many.
I was at that game Saturday evening, my first ever in Candlestick Park. Our bus was delayed and we got in to the stadium just after the National Anthem it’s probably a good thing I didn’t know about your disgraceful tantrum until the next day.

Your actions felt like a knife piercing my heart. The only reason I was at the game was to support friends of mine who were being honored that evening by bringing in the game ball. Kevin Winton and David Roth of Route for the Brave walked from the Atlantic to the Pacific to raise funds to build a House of Healing for families who have lost a loved one in combat.

They didn’t sit either. They stood and made a difference. There is a right way to use your freedoms and make a difference.

I think the last paragraph in Marc’s amazing final letter sums it up:
“The 4th has just come and gone and I received many emails thanking me for helping keep America great and free. I take no credit for the career path I have chosen; I can only give it to those of you who are reading this, because each one of you has contributed to me and who I am. However, what I do over here is only a small percent of what keeps our country great. I think the truth to our greatness is each other. Purity, morals and kindness, passed down to each generation through example. So to all my family and friends, do me a favor and pass on the kindness, the love, the precious gift of human life to each other so that when your children come into contact with a great conflict that we are now faced with here in Iraq, that they are people of humanity, of pure motives, of compassion.

This is our real part to keep America free! HAPPY 4th Love Ya, . . . Marc Lee

P.S. Half way through the deployment can’t wait to see all of your faces.”
Colin, my son defended you and your freedoms and you disgraced him and every other Veteran who fought for you! Marc chose to focus on the blessings we have in America and actively be part of the solution to change those he didn’t like.

You choose to focus on the negative and passively sit and do nothing to change it. You owe an apology to me, to every Veteran and patriot in America for your disgraceful attitude.

Colin you can read Marc’s entire letter at www.americasmightywarriors.org and then “Live your life worthy of their sacrifices!” . . . Debbie Lee
_________________________________________

We are compelled  to pay for this Free Speech Zone - - We would be pleased if you became one of our Free Speech Partners - - Just click the DONATE link below or contact the editor-in-chief [at] truthserumeditor@gmail.com