Wednesday, September 7, 2016

What I learned about media running for office


I’m officially done with electoral politics. I gave it my best shot in this, my last run for political office, and my best shot wasn’t good enough. It would be grossly hypocritical for me to preach the virtues of competition, free markets, and productivity only then to ignore the fact that I couldn’t produce an electoral victory.

But, although elected office is a pathway for change that’s now closed for me, I am not at all deterred from pursuing other avenues for change. And nothing will change unless, as informed members of the conservative movement, we understand the gravity of the obstacles we are facing.

With that said, my upcoming writings here at Conservative Review will focus on some roadblocks to systemic change that I’ve seen during my time behind the scenes as both a Secret Service agent and a political candidate.

My Fight With the Media

Seriously, who anointed these people the guardians of socially acceptable opinion? Why does their opinion matter? If I can accept my shortcomings in electoral politics and move on, why can’t hopelessly biased media types recognize their own failures and engage in some necessary self-reflection too?

Most reasonable, thinking people outside of the media/Hollywood/academia bubble will acknowledge that a significant portion of the media personnel in print, online, and broadcast and cable news have a left-leaning bent. This left-leaning bent leads them to tell a story, not the story.

The story they aim to tell is one where good-hearted liberals institute a series of public policy proposals designed to create a fairer and equitable society to protect us from rapacious capitalists and conservatives.

This is the story told to them in journalism schools and repeated within the corridors of their media work environments.

It is widely considered de facto knowledge in their media inner circles, and anyone questioning this narrative is derided as an intellectual lightweight or an ideological heretic worthy of scorn.

Click here to read the rest of the Bongino column
________________________________________


Dan Bongino is a former Secret Service Agent who served for Presidents Clinton, Bush, and Obama. He is a New York Police Department veteran and New York Times best-selling author. Bongino is best known among conservatives for his willingness to take on the Left and the Republican Establishment and directly attack the philosophical underpinnings of the Left and Big Government Republicans.
_________________________________

We are compelled  to pay for this Free Speech Zone - Please become our Partner and click the DONATE link below or contact the editor-in-chief [at] truthserumeditor@gmail.com