Thursday, November 17, 2016

The Oath Keepers voted for Donald Trump




Immediately after graduation from high school in 1969 I got my induction notice for the draft. My number was 57 so I thought there was a good chance I would be going to Vietnam. I knew myself well enough to speculate that I would not survive that experience, and so enlisted into the Navy.

I remember well the night we all stood there in our new dress blues in New Orleans Louisiana, and held up our right hands to pledge allegiance to our flag and our Constitution. At the time I didn’t comprehend the power of that oath, and I am ashamed to say that the gravity of those words did not hit home for another 30 years.

At this juncture of my life it seems evident that the only thing standing in the way of a tyrannical government who shreds our constitution for their own agenda, are those soft spoken words, our oath of allegiance to the United States of America.

I see now that The Constitution was fearfully, and with great apprehension, given to us by our founders. They knew how hard it would be for us to keep it. The gave us two profound tools to keep us safe and strong, a Republic based on Constitutional Law, and the explanation that our civil liberties did not originate from them, but from God, and listed them in our Bill of Rights.

They knew full well the yoke of totalitarian despotism, tyrannical government, and the inevitable enslavement of the spirit they produce.

They warned us many times, and hoped we would stay vigilant.

“If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their money, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them, will deprive the people of their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.” – Thomas Jefferson

This was my oath of enlistment that I said standing at attention with my hand raised . . .
“I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.”
Less than four years prior to this I took another oath, seven of us standing in front of our Boy Scout Troop 185, New Orleans, Louisiana. I had never kissed a girl, not even a stubble on my face, and yet I memorized these words, words that grew in to the man I would become. We stood at arm’s length, and together, with our hands raised, we said this oath:

Scout Oath
“On my honor I will do my best
To do my duty to God and my country and to obey the Scout Law;
To help other people at all times;
To keep myself physically strong, mentally awake, and morally straight”
And there was another oath I took just three months prior to my discharge from the Navy, and that is now 41 years ago. I said “I do.” as I stood at attention with my hand on the bible . . .

“If you are ready to assume the obligations and duties before God, as I have defined them, you will unite your hands and pledge your love and your lives to each other.
Pastor — Do you, ___________, standing in the presence of God and these witnesses, solemnly pledge your faith to ___________ . Do you promise to live with her according to God’s ordinance in the holy estate of matrimony; do you promise to love her, comfort her, honor, and keep her, in sickness and in health, and forsaking all others, keep yourself only unto her, and through God’s grace to promise to be to her a faithful and devoted husband as long as you both shall live?”
So what is an American, and what are all of the finer parts of our oaths? The elements that cannot be denied? Where do they all tie in? It is in truth, honor, virtue, responsibility, morality, duty, that formulates the true character of who we are as Americans. It is the finer parts we truly aspire to be.

In the Navy Oath I promised to obey the Constitution from all enemies, both foreign and domestic. This means that anyone who even attempts to destroy my constitution is my enemy, and I am sworn to stop them.

In my Boy Scout oath I swore to place God in front of my duty to country. I have a moral obligation to do what is good and right, according to my faith. In my case the teachings of Jesus Christ.

In my marriage vows I promised to be true to both her and myself, under the grace of God.

Before I met the Oath Keepers I had a grave fear for my country, and I must admit myself as well. Complacency was like a cancer in my heart. I see now that this was misplaced.

The liberty movement is growing, and there is hope for whatever we face, both foreign and domestic. Even in this final hour where our country is poised to be morally and economically bankrupt, there are indeed men of honor who remember their oaths, and will stand forth to defend it.

I am proud to say that . . . . Click here to read the rest of Ken LaRive's feature at The Liberty Beacon
_________________________________________

We are compelled  to pay for this Free Speech Zone - - We would be pleased if you became one of our Free Speech Partners - - Just click the DONATE link below or contact the editor-in-chief [at] truthserumeditor@gmail.com