Monday, March 14, 2016

Congressman Palazzo and around Mississippi



Meet Congressman Palazzo - Mississippi
I was pleased to learn on Friday that the Laurel Housing Authority was awarded a Resident Opportunities and Self Sufficiency grant by the Department of Housing and Urban Development.

The Laurel Housing Authority received $246,000 as part of the HUD Resident Opportunities and Self Sufficiency - Services Coordinators (ROSS-SC) program. ROSS grants offer a hand up to those in need.

This grant award will help families utilizing public housing assistance become more self-sufficient and work towards more stable employment. I know the Laurel Housing Authority will put these funds to good use for the people it helps every single day.

Around South Mississippi 

This week I visited with leadership officials at Keesler Air Force Base where I was able to discuss my continued support of proposed plans to construct the Division Street Gate.

I also had the pleasure of meeting with the new Seabee Commander, Capt. Hansen. I look forward to working with her in this continued partnership to improve the lives and communities of South Mississippi.

I visited the Naval Meteorology and Oceanography Command at Stennis on Thursday to tour the unmanned underwater systems being utilized by the Navy for Naval Oceanography.

On Friday I had the opportunity to speak at the ADP first friday luncheon about the importance of a strong national defense and a strong national economy. These are two things that go hand in hand and I believe you can't have one without the other. South Mississippi is one of the best examples of this.

One of my many privileges serving as your Congressman is helping our young leaders enter the U.S. Service Academies. It was my pleasure calling to congratulate Long Beach High School senior Brandon Anderson on his appointment to West Point.

Every year I host an Academy Day event for high school students interested in attending our U.S. Service Academies. This year the event will take place October 8th at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College.

Your comments are always welcome and you can contact Congressman Palazzo on facebook, twitter or by visiting his website.
_________________________________________

We are compelled  to pay for this Free Speech Zone - Please become our Partner and click the DONATE link below or contact the editor-in-chief [at] truthserumeditor@gmail.com