Thursday, August 20, 2015

Jimmy Carter to undergo cancer therapy

Former President Carter at a News Conference Today
Former president Jimmy Carter said Thursday he will fight the cancer that has spread to parts of his brain and will receive his first radiation treatment later in the day.

Examinations that began with the discovery of cancer during liver surgery have revealed "four spots of melanoma on my brain," Carter told a news conference at his presidential center in Atlanta.

"It's in the hands God, whom I worship, and I'll be prepared for anything that comes," Carter said. "I'm ready for anything and looking forward to a new adventure."

Carter faces better medical odds than in past

The nation's 39th president told reporters he had hoped the cancer would be confined to his liver, and at one point believed he had only "a few weeks left." Carter repeatedly said he is now "at ease" with the diagnosis, and is sustained by his family and religious faith.

"I've had a wonderful life," Carter said. "I've had thousands of friends."

Referance U.S.A. Today

_________________________________________

Become a Truth Serum Partner Now