Friday, August 21, 2015

Navy SEAL KIA Iraq - I made my Marc



If you are like most people there are times in your life when you stop and reflect on your life and wonder if you have made your mark in this world. Each of us has a different sphere of influence where our decisions impact the lives around us.

Sometimes those decisions are planned and carefully implemented producing the expected results. Other times we are able to impact spontaneously and we are amazed at the outcome. Sometimes we are a victim of our circumstances and the marks can be painful and leave scars to overcome. We learn from those lessons and through perseverance and determination we correct our mistakes.

I have often made a play on words and said "I left my Marc on this world," referring to the birth of my youngest son Marc Alan Lee on March 20, 1978. The timing of his birth was during a very difficult time in my life.

Two weeks after my divorce from their Father I learned I was pregnant. I had a 3 yr old and 18 month old and didn't know how I would feed them, and now another baby. Often times through the difficulties come our greatest blessings, and this was one of those times. That little boy brought so much joy and laughter into our lives.

This definitely was not one of those times where I had a calculated plan. I just kept waking up each morning in survival mode putting one foot in front of the other purposing not to quit. Little did I know at that time the mark that Marc would make in this world.

Aug 2, 2006 was a day that rocked our world as we learned that my baby who grew to be a warrior had marked this world sacrificing his life for his teammates, for our freedoms, for this country, for his family. It is hard to believe that it has been 9 years since Marc left this world and was deployed to Heaven.

I so miss his grin, his ornery antics, his humor, his love for life, his hugs, his beautiful brown eyes full of love and life, his huge heart full of kindness, compassion, concern and love for His Savior.

I don't think I will ever get used to seeing his name on a head stone, granite wall, in a book, or a character in a chart breaking movie. There is no deeper pain than the loss of a child. Yet the way Marc lived his life, the words of his amazing "Glory Letter"and his heroic actions continue to change and impact lives around the world. He has made an unmeasurable impact. Another circumstance where out of extreme pain and difficulties others' lives have been impacted and marked in an amazing way.

I wish he was here to see the impact his life has had. Somehow I think he does get glimpses from Heaven from time to time.

As you remember and honor Marc Lee on this anniversary of his death I would ask you to do several things. Remember all of those who have paid a price for our freedoms.

Read Marc's amazing "Glory Letter" and accept his challenge to "pass on the love, the kindness, the precious gift of human life" and do a random act of kindness for someone and then tell them you are doing it in Marc's memory and give them a copy of Marc's "Glory Letter."

Then take a few moments and evaluate the mark you are making in this world. Not everyone is called to make an impact the way that Marc did.

If you are struggling and facing difficulties, purpose to wake up every morning and determine to not quit. My strength to be able to endure all of the trials and tragedies I have faced in my life is my faith in Christ. He is my rock, my strength, my hope.

Donate so we can carry on Marc's mission and continue to honor our troops and the families of the fallen.

HOOYAH Marc Lee - Never Forgotten!



$15 in 2015


Our troops, their families and our families of fallen service members have sacrificed greatly for the freedoms we enjoy every day. Now you have a chance to let them know that we will never forget them or their sacrifice.

Our goal is to find 2015 patriots who will donate $15 monthly in 2015. We know that you appreciate the sacrifices of our troops, the fallen and their families and have made a simple and easy way to show your support. Join our campaign today!

Just go to www.americasmightywarriors.org and click on the donate button to contribute $15 on a monthly basis.

Marc Alan Lee, was the first Navy SEAL killed in Iraq (Aug 2, 2006) heroically standing out in the direct line of fire 3 different times that day to defend his teammates. In response to her son's last letter home Debbie founded AMW to honor the sacrifices of our troops, the fallen and their families with programs that improve quality of life, resiliency, healing, and recovery. At AMW we do know who pays the price for our freedoms!

We help thousands through advocacy, education, support, retreats, treatments for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder and Traumatic Brain Injury, Heroes Hope Home, and random acts of kindness.

Make a difference in the lives of the men and women who have stood and continue to stand in harm's way to protect you and your family.

Go to www.americasmightywarriors.org, click donate, type in $15, click "make this recurring (monthly)" and submit. It's never been so easy to do something so good.
_________________________________________

Become a Truth Serum Partner Now