Thursday, November 27, 2014

A Thanksgiving Greeting from KAHI Radio

Let's be Thankful from the files of Mary Jane Popp at KAHI Radio

Mary Jane Popp and KAHI Radio in Sacramento, CA Wish You a Happy Thanksgiving

It’s gonna’ be turkey and all the trimmings from cranberries to pumpkin pie. It’s gonna’ be football to the max and family and friends gathering together to party hearty on a day off! That’s what Thanksgiving means to most folks.

So, I went in search of some of our favorite Radio and TV personalities to find out what they are thankful for. You would think it’s the glamour of being on the air and folks fawning all over them because of what they do, but you might be surprised!

Dan Elliott ~ Anchor KXTV “News 10 Good Morning” told me.

“First and foremost, I am thankful for a great family…the best wife a man could ask for and three wonderful sons who bring so much joy to my heart.

Second, I’m thankful to be living where I am…I have never lived outside California, and if all goes to plan, that will never change.

And third, I’m thankful to be doing what I love and to be getting paid to do it. I love the news and the people I work with, so even though it’s a job, it is also a pleasure most of the time.”

Big Jim Hall ~ Afternoon Air Personality 101.5 KHITS Radio has a sad yet hopeful message

“Having lost my wife and one of my brothers in the last two years, I have reflected on many things. I find that I am most thankful for those family members and good friends that still surround me. I try to be more appreciative of the here and now, taking in all I can. Love on those near you and thank God daily for your blessings.”

Bob Stephenson ~ Afternoon News Anchor AM-950 KAHI Radio.

”In this time of Thanksgiving, I am thankful that I am now back near my family…kids and grandkids…especially during the holiday season. There is no greater gift than that of family.

Kitty O’Neal ~ AM/FM Afternoon Anchor KFBK Radio shared this with me.

“As time goes by, I see the importance of being grateful for even the small, seemingly insignificant things in life that we often take for granted. So, to chronicle my gratitude list would be unwieldy! But suffice to say, I carry deep thanks in my heart for family and friends, for the ideals upon which this country was founded, for the good I see expressed every day, and for God.

Jeanne Marie ~ Media/Political Make-Up Artist who has worked on some really famous faces told me

 “I am grateful for another beautiful day in all kinds of weather; bright and sunny, or cloudy and rainy. I’m grateful for the incredible art displays painted across our skies, and for flowers, trees, and nature. But, I am also so grateful for being happy and joyful, because for just merely that statement of acknowledgement and gratitude, it draws more of it to you.”

Casey Freelove ~ Show Host/Production Director AM 950 KAHI Radio has thanks.

“This year, I am thankful for good friends, my Mom (who is my biggest supporter) and to have a job that I love. I am thankful to live in the greatest country in the world. On Thanksgiving Day, I am thankful for Dallas Cowboys football, turkey, and all the fixings.”

You see what I mean?

Thanksgiving is family and friends and love to all is what they all care about. Okay, I know you want to know what I am thankful for too.

Simply put…The love of my husband of 43 years, still having a loving brother and sister-in-law, talking with you every day on the News and POPPOFF on AM-950 KAHI Radio, and to genuinely know that I may be changing lives for the better for lots of folks with what I do.

Love trumps all. Happy Thanksgiving!
_____________________________

Become a Truth Serum Partner Now