Thursday, December 18, 2014

Christmas and me

Christmas to Me by Mary Jane Popp at KAHI Radio in Sacramento, CA

A Merry Holiday Season To All
Whether you celebrate Christmas, Hanukka, or Kwanza, it still means the same in so many ways. We celebrate Christmas at our house, but I know there are different celebrations all over the world in so many religions and cultures.

But the bottom line is that we need to come to a realization that the word Peace and Sharing is at the bottom of every one of these celebrations.

Unfortunately, we get so caught up in the party part of it, we sometimes forget to involve ourselves in what it all means. I’m not pointing any fingers, because I’m right there with you. I’m on the shopping trail for bargains for everyone.

We have taken nearly two weeks to decorate the house inside and out and we’re still not sure what else to add to the mix. We are planning get-togethers with family and friends and that includes lots of eats and treats that we will regret when the New Year arrives. But still, year after year, we do it again and again.

But I have to tell you that I have added a new endeavor to my mix this year, and darned, if it doesn’t feel absolutely great! I started a project at Am-950 KAHI on my POPPOFF Radio Show called “Sox for our Seniors.”

I partnered with a group called “Seniors First” in Auburn, California to help distribute these socks. All I am asking is for folks to stop by the station and drop a new pair or two of socks for men and women and in the giant stocking I have hanging just inside the door. Simple, huh?

But think about it. There are so many seniors in all our communities that get very cold in the winter days. Let’s face it, our youthful circulation does not circulate as good as we age and our extremities get colder faster and longer. My goal is not vast.

I will be happy if I can get 200 pair by December 18 when I have to turn them in, so they can be put in packets and distributed to our seniors in need. Believe me, I am not asking that you do the same project. I am not asking that you do it before Christmas or New Years.

I’ve learned an important lesson too. We should do little things like this all year long for others that are not as fortunate. I have also learned that those who do not have the most, give the most of themselves. It is very humbling. I have seen folks who cannot afford much during this time still drop by with socks, because they know there is a need.

All it takes is for each of us to do a little. It goes a long way. All I ask is that you give it a thought from time to time and do what you can. Perhaps if we cared a little more about each other, we would have less strife and anger and come together as a loving people. I know, I know! It’s a big wish, but we have to start somewhere.

To you and yours, I wish a very Happy Holiday and a Merry Christmas, no matter how you celebrate. May it be safe and loving and so very happy! Talk with you next year!

Love to you all !
______________________________________________

Become a Truth Serum Partner Now